IDS International is seeking a Senior Evaluation Lead who will be responsible for the overall management and functioning of all evaluation, assessment, survey, and special study activities, as well as related cross-cutting activities for the USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (AMELA). AMELA will provide performance management information that allows USAID Afghanistan to integrate evidence-based results and best practices into its programming and to effectively manage for results. Key program focus areas include: agriculture, gender, economic development, infrastructure, democracy and governance, health and education that fall under four components:
1. Evaluation Technical Support Services
2. Monitoring Technical Support Services
3. Learning and Adaptive Management Services
4. Program Support Services
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Designing and managing evaluations, including: mid-term and final evaluations, performance and impact evaluations, geographic and sectoral assessments, activity-specific assessments and verifications, sectoral surveys, and baseline analysis;
- Development of evaluation Statements of Work (SOWs);
- Recruitment of local and international short term technical staff to carry out high-quality, timely, and useful evaluations and assessments of USAID/Afghanistan’s development projects and activities;
- Provide guidance to the design and implement of qualitative and quantitative data collection methods and analytical techniques for mid and performance evaluations;
- Support the design and implement impact evaluations using experimental or quasi-experimental designs;
- Responsible for quality control and timely delivery of monitoring services and products.
- Support preparations of deliverables to include reports, presentation and case studies
- Finalize deliverables in coordination with USAID/Afghanistan;
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience in building and leading strong evaluation and assessment teams for USAID in fragile and conflict affected states (FCAS), and performing relevant quality control over evaluation processes;
- Excellent project management, teamwork and teambuilding skills;
- Excellent inter-personal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to keep to a timeline;
- Good writing skills, with extensive report writing experience;
- Excellent oral and written communications English Language skills.
- Minimum of 8 years implementing monitoring and evaluation USAID funded projects in fragile/conflict environments, specifically the MENA region;
- Good working knowledge of the USAID Evaluation Policy and evaluation reporting requirements;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of data collection and analysis in FCAS, and preferably in Afghanistan;
- Minimum of 10 years conducting, implementing and managing USAID funded evaluations
- Experience building and leading evaluation and assessment teams
- Demonstrated knowledge of monitoring and evaluation data analysis methods and techniques.
- Education: Advanced degree in International Development, Social Administration or Science, Political Science, Economics, Knowledge Management, or a related field.
Working Environment: Corporate office environment as well as field work.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: The candidate is required to travel as required by the SOW.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law.