The Department of State (DOS) created the Managing for Results (MfR) framework to facilitate the alignment in policy priorities, strategic responses, budget planning, and performance management between the Department and the U.S. Agency for International Development. The framework provides bureaus and offices with an integrated, multi-year planning and budgeting process to link strategy and resources to support program activity with strengthened performance management and evaluation.
IDS International is a sub-contractor on an upcoming indefinite delivery indefinite quantity contract providing monitoring and evaluation services to the DOS, which serves to fulfill the Department’s evaluation policy and other MfR requirements. IDS plays an instrumental role in providing the Department’s regional, functional, and management bureaus at headquarters and overseas with a wide range of professional design, evaluation, performance monitoring, capacity building, analysis, result dissemination, and implementation plans. IDS is seeking candidates for the Task Order Program Manager positions at Senior, Mid, and Junior levels.
- Responsible for managing the overall operations on the Task Order, which may include: communications, administration, logistics, procurement, staffing/recruitment, budgeting, finances, reporting and property.
- Ensure that activities implemented under the Task Order are managed and implemented in accordance with the approved budget, DOS and Contractor’s regulations and procedures, and the specifications determined in the Statement of Work
- Serve as the designated persons for overall and day-to-day management of the relationship and communication on all aspects of the Task Order with the DOS
- Ensure rapid recruitment and hiring of staff and short-term technical assistance as required for new activities
- Demonstrated experience in supporting and working on government/donor-funded programs and projects in related roles, including managing the program from HQ and managing multiple projects/activities
- Prior experience and knowledge in establishing systems and overseeing program start-up under limited time constraints as well as program close-out
- Excellent leadership, management, and written and oral communication skills
- Previous experience in working with and knowledge of the DOS is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; additional foreign language proficiency is a plus
- Advanced degree in Business Administration, International Relations, or a related field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- University degree in Business Administration, International Relations, or a related field with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- University degree in Business Administration, International Relations, or a related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience