The Department of State (DOS) created the Managing for Results (MfR) framework to facilitate the alignment in policy priorities, strategic responses, budget planning, and performance management between the Department and the U.S. Agency for International Development. The framework provides bureaus and offices with an integrated, multi-year planning and budgeting process to link strategy and resources to support program activity with strengthened performance management and evaluation.
IDS International is a sub-contractor on an upcoming indefinite delivery indefinite quantity contract providing monitoring and evaluation services to the DOS, which serves to fulfill the Department’s evaluation policy and other MfR requirements. IDS plays an instrumental role in providing the Department’s regional, functional, and management bureaus at headquarters and overseas with a wide range of professional design, evaluation, performance monitoring, capacity building, analysis, result dissemination, and implementation plans. IDS is seeking candidates for the Research Assistants/Enumerators at Senior, Mid, and Junior levels.
- Provide professional research and data collection support to team members
- Conduct literature reviews, prepare initial protocol drafts, and recruit subjects
- Schedule data collection and collect and clean data
- Conduct preliminary analysis and prepare presentations
- Contribute, as necessary, to the assessment design and tool development.
- Work closely with other team members and project management team to ensure high quality and timely deliverables
- Support the development of the work plan and data collection tools, including pre-testing and revisions
- Support administrative and support tasks as assigned to ensure smooth implementation of the evaluation
- Support the development of the evaluation reports, report outline, preparation and presentation of preliminary findings, and the conduct exit brief
- Demonstrated experience in conducting research including qualitative data collection and analysis, assessments, program design, and/or evaluation of domestic and/or international programs
- Prior experience with mixed-methods evaluations/assessments, design, and tool development in support of multilateral donor and teams
- Strong technical/evaluation report writing and communication/presentation skills
- Previous experience in working with and knowledge of the DOS is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; additional foreign language proficiency is a plus
- Advanced degree in a related field with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience
- University degree in a related field with at least 4 years of relevant experience
- University degree in a related field with at least 2 years of relevant experience