The Department of State (DOS) created the Managing for Results (MfR) framework to facilitate the alignment in policy priorities, strategic responses, budget planning, and performance management between the Department and the U.S. Agency for International Development. The framework provides bureaus and offices with an integrated, multi-year planning and budgeting process to link strategy and resources to support program activity with strengthened performance management and evaluation.
IDS International is a sub-contractor on an upcoming indefinite delivery indefinite quantity contract providing monitoring and evaluation services to the DOS, which serves to fulfill the Department’s evaluation policy and other MfR requirements. IDS plays an instrumental role in providing the Department’s regional, functional, and management bureaus at headquarters and overseas with a wide range of professional design, evaluation, performance monitoring, capacity building, analysis, result dissemination, and implementation plans. IDS is seeking candidates for the Technical Advisors/Subject Matter Expert positions at Senior, Mid, and Junior levels.
- Serve as functional area subject matter expert as part of evaluation, design, or monitoring task teams
- Provide high-level technical support for additional performance-management-related tasks, research, data analysis, training, capacity building, and tool development
- Provides technical advice based upon expertise and knowledge of evidence-based methods and strategies, current practice, and established operational and research standards to ensure quality and rigorous design
- Identifies areas for improved efficiency or effectiveness within prescribed parameters, and institutes enhancements to procedures
- Participate in quality assurance and improvement exercises, including development of tools, regular measurement of performance according to those standards, and collaborative reviews to assess quality
- Provides guidance to ensure that program implementation adheres to appropriate technical standards and guidelines and that programs are technically sound
- Provides global scientific leadership by staying current of evolving technical standards, guidelines, and program developments in area of expertise
- Responsible for sharing best practices in their field of expertise and contribute to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks
- Demonstrated ability to use computer software (e.g., SAS, STATA, SPSS) for applied statistical analysis
- Proven track of record in providing technical assistance in or conducting and/or leading performance management, evaluations, quantitative or qualitative research, capacity building, or implementation science studies in international settings
- Excellent leadership, management, and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong cross-cultural and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Previous experience in working with and knowledge of the DOS is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; additional foreign language proficiency is a plus
- Advanced degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 9 years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree in a relevant field with at least 6 - 8 years of relevant experience
- University degree in a relevant field with at least 3 - 5 years of relevant experience