The Department of State (DOS) created the Managing for Results (MfR) framework to facilitate the alignment in policy priorities, strategic responses, budget planning, and performance management between the Department and the U.S. Agency for International Development. The framework provides bureaus and offices with an integrated, multi-year planning and budgeting process to link strategy and resources to support program activity with strengthened performance management and evaluation.
IDS International is a sub-contractor on an upcoming indefinite delivery indefinite quantity contract providing monitoring and evaluation services to the DOS, which serves to fulfill the Department’s evaluation policy and other MfR requirements. IDS plays an instrumental role in providing the Department’s regional, functional, and management bureaus at headquarters and overseas with a wide range of professional design, evaluation, performance monitoring, capacity building, analysis, result dissemination, and implementation plans. IDS seeking candidates for the Design Specialist positions at Senior, Mid, and Junior levels.
- Lead the development of designs for programs, projects, activities, processes, etc.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the review of strategies; development and implementation of analyses to inform design; generation of problem statements, goals, and objectives; development of a theory of change and logic models; and production of process maps
- Use the collected data to identify opportunities to improve the program’s policy on strategy and project design, and draft corresponding recommendations
- Draft clear, concise written communication in the form of tools, blogs, PowerPoint presentations, how-to notes, etc. to support new policy and strategy directions
- Review project design documents and provide constructive feedback on their strengths, weaknesses, and how they can be improved
- Extensive and demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and managing government/donor-sponsored programs
- Strong project design, management and cross-cultural and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Previous experience systematically and objectively gathering information about business systems and subjecting that information to analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the capacity to synthesize complex messages and deliver presentations to various stakeholders
- Previous experience in working with and knowledge of the DOS is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; additional foreign language proficiency is a plus
- Graduate level degree in public administration, international relations, business, development studies, or in a related field with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Graduate level degree in public administration, international relations, business, development studies, or in a related field with at least 6 - 8 years of relevant experience
- University degree in public administration, international relations, business, development studies, or in a related field with at least 3 - 5 years of relevant experience