The Department of State (DOS) created the Managing for Results (MfR) framework to facilitate the alignment in policy priorities, strategic responses, budget planning, and performance management between the Department and the U.S. Agency for International Development. The framework provides bureaus and offices with an integrated, multi-year planning and budgeting process to link strategy and resources to support program activity with strengthened performance management and evaluation.
IDS International is a sub-contractor on an upcoming indefinite delivery indefinite quantity contract providing monitoring and evaluation services to the DOS, which serves to fulfill the Department’s evaluation policy and other MfR requirements. IDS plays an instrumental role in providing the Department’s regional, functional, and management bureaus at headquarters and overseas with a wide range of professional design, evaluation, performance monitoring, capacity building, analysis, result dissemination, and implementation plans. IDS is seeking candidates for the Performance Monitoring/Indicator Specialist positions at Senior, Mid, and Junior levels.
- Develop and design performance monitoring systems and indicators for Security; Diplomacy, Media and Cultural Affairs; Environment, Science, and Technology; Economics, Business, and Trade; or other Crosscutting areas
- Manage and coordinate the overall approach to performance monitoring
- Provide technical assistance in developing performance monitoring plans (PMP) and monitoring and evaluation plans (MEL)
- Manage collation, reporting, and analysis of indicator data
- Facilitate the review and use of performance monitoring information for adaptive management
- Conduct other analyses to inform project design and adaptation
- Excellent leadership, management, and written and oral communication skills.
- Strong cross-cultural and interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
- Experience should include developing results frameworks or logic models, developing performance indicators, managing performance monitoring data, and conducting data quality assessments
- Previous experience in working with and knowledge of the DOS is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; additional foreign language proficiency is a plus
- Must have a PhD and eight years of experience, or a JD/ABD and 10 years of experience, or a MS/MA/MB and 12 years of experience
- Must have a PhD degree and four years of experience, or a MS/MA/MB degree and six years of relevant experience
- Must have University Degree in development studies, monitoring and evaluation, knowledge management, or a related field with 3 – 5 years of relevant experience; Advanced degree preferred