The Department of State (DOS) created the Managing for Results (MfR) framework to facilitate the alignment in policy priorities, strategic responses, budget planning, and performance management between the Department and the U.S. Agency for International Development. The framework provides bureaus and offices with an integrated, multi-year planning and budgeting process to link strategy and resources to support program activity with strengthened performance management and evaluation.
IDS International is a sub-contractor on an upcoming indefinite delivery indefinite quantity contract providing monitoring and evaluation services to the DOS, which serves to fulfill the Department’s evaluation policy and other MfR requirements. IDS plays an instrumental role in providing the Department’s regional, functional, and management bureaus at headquarters and overseas with a wide range of professional design, evaluation, performance monitoring, capacity building, analysis, result dissemination, and implementation plans. IDS is seeking candidates for the Evaluation Advisor positions at Senior, Mid, and Junior levels.
- Provide expertise, leadership, management, and principal responsibility for designing, conducting, and managing quality control of various short- and long-term evaluations in different sectors
- Ensure the integrity of the methodology, process, and comparability of evaluation findings
- Responsible for leading a multidisciplinary cross-cultural team as applicable
- Responsible for preparing standard deliverables, including evaluation plans, performance management plans, publishable report summaries, experience reviews, progress reports, monitoring reports, and evaluation reports
- Coordinate the process of assembling findings and recommendations into a high-quality analytical document
- University Degree in a related field such as International Relations, Development Studies, or Political Science, is required; Advanced degree is preferred
- Proven track record of conducting and/or contributing to the completion of government/donor-sponsored evaluations in different functional areas: Security; Diplomacy, Media and Cultural Affairs; Environment, Science, and Technology; Economics, Business, and Trade; or other Crosscutting areas.
- Technical understanding of performance/progress evaluation, summative/ex-post/impact evaluation, developmental evaluation, sector or multi-country evaluation, experience/desk reviews, meta-evaluation, and organization evaluation
- Previous experience in working with and knowledge of the DOS is preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required; foreign language proficiency is a plus
- An expert with at least 10 years of demonstrated experience in designing and carrying out performance/process evaluation and other types of evaluations, as well as quantitative and qualitative research methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership, strategic planning, and program management skills
- Minimum of 6 - 8 years of demonstrated experience in planning and conducting performance/process evaluation and other types of evaluations,
- Significant knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of demonstrated experience in developing and executing performance/process evaluation and other types of evaluations
- Thorough understanding of quantitative and qualitative evaluation methods