IDS International is seeking a dynamic and eager Contracts Intern to assist the Contracts Department at Headquarters in Arlington, VA. This intern will report directly to the Vice President of Contracts and Proposals. The intern will gain in-depth knowledge of the government contracting industry, apply their skills to projects within their discipline, and grow their personal and professional networks. Some of the tasks the Contracts Intern may include:
- Analyze program and contract data across entities for integration into IDS contract database.
- Assist Contract Managers with creation of negotiation strategies and financial analysis.
- Ensure final contract documents are consistent with agreements reached at negotiations.
- Assist in training about contract practices and negotiations to company personnel.
- Be responsible for multiple task orders, contracts with varied contract types.
- Partner with Business Development in reviewing new business opportunities.
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Obtaining/Obtained a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Business Administration, Communications, English or related degree.
- Interest in Government contracting industry.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pace environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Local candidates highly preferred.
We are located near the Courthouse Metro Station.