Director of Training – National Maintenance Strategy
IDS International is seeking a dynamic leader for a trainer position in Afghanistan to support the National Maintenance Strategy Program. The program focuses on building organizational capacity and capability at all levels for a self-sustaining national security environment for the Afghan National Security Forces. It plays an integral part of the overall security assistance effort by providing skill sets and experience levels in vehicle, weapons, and equipment maintenance. This assistance helps develop the core management and operational systems essential to enable the Afghans to independently and effectively plan, program, and manage their national army and police forces.
IDS International is seeking a dynamic leader for a Training Position in Afghanistan. This manager will direct and lead a team of other country nationals (OCN) and local nationals to ensure successful completion of curriculum development and training of Afghans for vehicle, weapon, and equipment operations and maintenance. This training may also consist of quality control and assurance.
- Internally develop or work schedule training programs and to determine training support materials for the available training courses.
- Formulate technical training policies, programs and schedules based on knowledge of identified training needs, company production processes, business systems and changes in procedures or services.
- Direct training and indoctrination of workers to improve work performance and acquaint workers with company contract policies and procedures.
- Audit periodically in area of technical expertise to validate compliance of the required certification.
- Maintain training records.
- Ensures safety is imbedded in all training syllabuses.
- Supervise an effective preventive maintenance training program.
- Assists in the continuous improvement of the hazard identification and safety risk assessment schemes.
- Five-years’ experience in vehicle maintenance preferably in a training management role
- Direct supervisory experience is required
- Strong interpersonal and client relations skills are required
- At least one year experience working in Afghanistan or high-pressure OCONUS environment
- Bachelor’s degree or additional 2 years of relevant experience in vehicle maintenance
- All necessary background checks and credentials for operating in theater
- Proficient in the use of spoken and written English language
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal and Host Nation laws and DOD Directives and Instructions
- Ability to function effectively in diplomatic and developing country environments
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including ability to communicate solutions effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must have a firm grasp on MS Office suite of computer applications (Word, Excel &PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated ability to manage contracts, subcontractors, and personnel
- Demonstrated experience in general planning, evaluating, analyzing, and implementing government programs