Logistics and Supply Chain Expert/Trainer
IDS International is building a winning team to assist the Afghanistan National Defense Security Forces (ANDSF) Logistics and Sustainment effort. The program focuses on building organizational capacity and capability at all levels for a self-sustaining national security environment for the Afghan staff. It plays an integral part of the overall security assistance effort by providing skill sets and experience levels. This program synchronizes development of managerial and operational systems necessary for success. It plays an integral part of the overall security assistance effort by providing skill sets and experience levels. This assistance helps develop the core management and operational systems essential to enable the Afghans to independently and effectively plan, program, and manage their national army and Police forces.
IDS is seeking a dynamic and qualified Senior Logistics and Supply Chain Expert/Trainer to support the ANDSF L&S effort. The required duties are as follows:
- Train, Mentor and Manage ALSs IAW the training curriculum developed by the contractor and approved by the Government. Evaluate ALSs performance for determination of status, location of training cells and permanent placement to interface with the ANDSF.
- Advance ALSs through organized and formal training and continue mentoring relationships continuing to train, mentor and manage the ALSs in support of their mission to train and mentor the ANDSF organizations.
- Provide reach back capability to support the deployed ALSs.
- Develop and update training curriculum (annually 30 days before end of the period) for their particular area(s) and provide to CPM for consolidation and submittal to the Government for approval.
- Provide technical advice to Coalition and ANDSF command and staff elements concerning all aspects of information processing system operations, network operations, commodities, and logistical support; to include, but not limited to: software programs, and program editing, debugging, and associated functions pertaining to multi-functional/multi-user information processing systems. Provide Data Base Management and cataloging expertise for maintaining CoreIMS and training of ANA CoreIMS PMO and ANDSF organizations.
- Provide formal training on Automated Information Management tools, such as the CoreIMS modules. Train, mentor, and manage user level automated information management processes and procedures IAW training curriculum. Conduct familiarization and other training on CoreIMS for ANDSF, Coalition and other approved individuals as required.
- Plan and conduct technical inspections. Coordinate with ANDSF activities the development of the Information Systems Plans (ISP), Information Management Plan (IMP) so that the automated system for Supply Chain Distribution will properly interface with the Information Management Master Plan (IMMP)
- Work with the ANDSF to ensure Information Security (INFOSEC), Operations Security (OPSEC) and physical security requirements are properly maintained IAW regulations and policies.
- Master’s degree or higher in a supply chain management, business, logistics/sustainment, Business, IT, or other related field from an accredited institution of higher education 6 years of logistic/ sustainment experience, Supply Chain Management (SCM) experience (operations, warehousing, and logistics), OR upon approval of the KO, a bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited institution of higher education and 8 years logistics/sustainment experience
- Knowledge of operational methods of U.S. military.
- Four years of experience, conducting classroom training and/or “in the field” training, mentoring and managing subordinates in life cycle logistics/sustainment or automated information management.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software (WORD, Excel and PowerPoint) and common computer and internet office capabilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to pass all required USG, GIRoA, DoD/CENTCOM and Afghan Theater security and physical fitness requirements to enter US, Coalition and ANDSF activities
- Ability to work as part of a team in a cramped, austere, combat environment with demonstrated self-discipline and initiative and the ability to work independently of direct supervision.
- A final DoD SECRET level security clearance before deployment and must maintain that clearance at all times.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Must understand advanced SCM theories regarding Just-In-Time, Lean Logistics, Demand Based Planning, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and how to relate these terms with IT systems.
- Two year of formal training experience to include training curriculum development
- CoreIMS Advanced Certification from CorePartners within 60 days of appointment.
- Must be proficient in Core IMS EE (after training).
- IT certificated a plus but not necessary
- Dari fluency a plus but not required
- Must possess a final SECRET/NATO security clearance
This position will be located in Afghanistan.
IDS International and its team of experts have built a strong reputation for their unparalleled depth of multi-disciplinary expertise in the 3Ds - defense, development, and diplomacy. We maintain an extensive network of interagency and smart power experts who have recently served in complex operations environments. Since 2001, IDS has helped develop multi-disciplinary solutions to government and private sector challenges. Our subject matter experts in civil-military operations, social science research and analysis, training and capacity building work closely with customers to create solutions that cross boundaries and reflect best practices.