Deputy Chief of Party
IDS International is building a winning team to support the USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (AMELA) program. AMELA is intended to strengthen the USAID/Afghanistan Mission by providing the following services:
- Evaluation technical support services;
- Monitoring technical support services;
- Learning and adaptive management services in accordance with the Mission’s CLA Strategy;
- Program Support Services.
The anticipated focus of the project is on providing support to the mission for its performance monitoring efforts and on conducting evaluations, assessments and special studies related to USAID projects. This is a 5-year project scheduled to begin in late 2017.
IDS is seeking a successful Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will support the Chief of Party (COP) with technical and managerial operations of program implementation.
- Support day-to-day management of the IDIQ, including oversight of work plans, staffing, and gathering information and data for reporting or analysis.
- Prepare deliverable reports and provide recommendations for program implementation to Chief of Party or USAID as needed.
- Supervise and manage logistics in order to support implementation.
- Fulfil the role as Chief of Party when the Chief of Party is absent.
- 6-12 years of management experience in an international development context
- 7 years of international development experience
- 3 years of experience in conflict or post-conflict environments
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID policies and procedures with regard to human resource management, financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, etc.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development, economics, knowledge management or related fields.
- Technical knowledge of the design, implementation, and management of monitoring, evaluation, and performance management, including (but not limited to) indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, performance reporting, evaluation design, evaluation planning, and management/dissemination of evaluations.
- 3 years of management experience in Afghanistan.
- Demonstrated ability to manage personnel, funds and resources for multi-year, multi-task projects.