Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Adviser
IDS International is building a winning team to support the USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (AMELA) program. AMELA is intended to strengthen the USAID/Afghanistan Mission by providing the following services:
- Evaluation technical support services;
- Monitoring technical support services;
- Learning and adaptive management services in accordance with the Mission’s CLA Strategy;
- Program Support Services.
The anticipated focus of the project is on providing support to the mission for its performance monitoring efforts and on conducting evaluations, assessments and special studies related to USAID projects. This is a 5-year project scheduled to begin in late 2017.
IDS is seeking a successful Organizational Learning and Knowledge Management Adviser who will be primarily responsible for providing Learning and Knowledge Management (KM) assistance to the program.
- Provide guidance to the USAID/Afghanistan Mission's collaboration, learning and adapting efforts.
- Plan and state organizational reflection and learning opportunities, such as special studies, after action reviews, and partners' meetings, organizational learning surveys to facilitate overall implementation.
- Assist with incorporating research design and methodologies in the application of learning to project design and management.
- Refine and implement the Mission's learning agenda and CLA strategy, e-sharing and learning tools, to include outcome mapping.
- Assist the re-orientation of key staff's activities to ensure holistic program management and to foster peer and cross-learning techniques and opportunities.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree or higher in one or more fields related to organizational learning or development assistance such as public, business or development administration, knowledge management, political science, economics, development studies or closely related, inter-disciplinary fields;
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible, professional-level experience in organizational or action learning, development and/or knowledge management;
- First-hand experience with monitoring and evaluation activities within complex international development contexts, in support of health, economic growth, agriculture and/or democracy and governance programming;
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in developing and leading knowledge management programs, facilitating communities or practice and social networking;
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills, including written, in-person/presentation, and facilitation skills applied within multi-cultural contexts.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.