Senior Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist
IDS International is building a winning team to support the USAID/Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Activity (AMELA) program. AMELA is intended to strengthen the USAID/Afghanistan Mission by providing the following services:
- Evaluation technical support services;
- Monitoring technical support services;
- Learning and adaptive management services in accordance with the Mission’s CLA Strategy;
- Program Support Services.
The anticipated focus of the project is on providing support to the mission for its performance monitoring efforts and on conducting evaluations, assessments and special studies related to USAID projects. This is a 5-year project scheduled to begin in late 2017.
IDS is seeking a successful full-time Senior M&E Specialist to design and oversee the implementation of the M&E effort based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Support all stages of the evaluation process, including the design, review, and implementation of scopes of work for evaluations, assessments and special studies.
- Interpret outcomes and facilitate dissemination of findings and recommendations.
- Supervise and ensure the accuracy of quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Support preparations of deliverables to include reports, presentation and case studies.
- Facilitate training, workshops and coaching activities for USAID personnel and implementing partners on monitoring and evaluation in order to strengthen the Mission’s results framework and decision making process.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in development, economics, knowledge management or related fields.
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience supporting monitoring and evaluation, project design, knowledge management, organizational learning and/or capacity building.
- Familiarity with the following development sectors: Health, Democracy, Governance and Conflict, Economic and Agricultural Development, and Gender Inclusion.
- Excellent team work, inter-personal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.