Prime Power Systems Engineer (OCONUS)
About the Program:
IDS International is building a winning team to assist customers with Power Systems Engineering at various overseas locations Worldwide. IDS is seeking a successful Prime Power Systems Engineer to supervise these contracts, which provide a full range of Life Support Services & Logistics (LSS&L) and Operations & Maintenance (O&M) services throughout locations worldwide. The Prime Power Systems Engineer will be responsible for providing advice and technical assistance on all aspects of electrical power and distribution in support of operations, and supervising and managing separate teams performing prime power missions.
- Provide leadership for all disciplines performing LSS&L and O&M services including, but not limited to, operations and maintenance, life support, safety, security, airfield services, fuel handling, construction, logistics and supply, QC/QA, contracts management, and procurement.
- Provide advice and technical assistance on all aspects of electrical power and distribution in support of operations, and supervising and managing separate teams performing prime power missions.
- Provide senior level oversight and direction for budgeting, resource allocation and resource management in support of the project’s facility maintenance program
- Oversee process development, implementation, and maintenance in response to changing requirements for LSS&L and O&M functions.
- Regularly provide project briefings to senior leadership.
- Direct and review the work of all personnel each workday to ensure compliance with standards and operating procedures and the requirements of the contract.
- Maintaining a coherent, integrated, and sustained program capability that fosters program continuity, improvement and innovation that allows for the integration and introduction of new training concepts and aids without disrupting host nation training or relationships with other partner nations.
- Developing program plans, setting goals and deadlines, implementing procedures to improve productivity and customer service, and defining the responsibilities of supervisory-level managers
- Ensure that routine maintenance on equipment is performed, and institute system changes to accommodate increased workload and organizational changes.
- Ensure that adequate personnel are available to accomplish required work, and initiate replenishment actions for expendable supplies.
- Active SECRET security clearance.
- Valid U.S. passport and eligibility to obtain.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Project Management, or related degree, or AA with 15 years of equivalent SME military experience with a certification and license as an electrician.
- Minimum of five (5) year of experience in power generation services and/or operations & maintenance.
- Directly related experience with PM concepts, practices and procedures.
- Extensive experience working OCONUS.
- Demonstrated experience in general planning, budgeting, evaluating, analyzing, and implementing government programs.
- Knowledge of US military operations and contracting support in a contingency environment.
- Working history of successful process development, implementation, and management.
- Excellent management skills of a diverse work force.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) or highly motivated to obtain PMP certification.
Why work for IDS?
IDS International and its team of experts have built a strong reputation for their unparalleled depth of multi-disciplinary expertise in the 3Ds - defense, development, and diplomacy. We maintain an extensive network of interagency and smart power experts who have recently served in complex operations environments. Since 2001, IDS has helped develop multi-disciplinary solutions to government and private sector challenges. Our subject matter experts in civil-military operations, social science research and analysis, training and capacity building work closely with customers to create solutions that cross boundaries and reflect best practices.