IDS International is seeking a successful intern in support of the Finance and Accounting team. This individual will be exposed to all aspects of budgeting, pricing strategy and implementation and will participate at meetings with company leaders and decision makers.
This paid internship will take place in Arlington, VA at IDS Headquarters and will require 20-30 hours of work per week during normal business hours. IDS may offer full time employment at the end of the internship.
- Assist our finance team in developing financial forecasts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Data entry into excel spreadsheets to include basic financial data, CENSUS reporting, and other compliance reporting as assigned.
- Supports development of engagement work plans, schedules, and performance meetings.
- Provide administrative support: answering phones, sorting and sending of mail, reception of visitors, faxing, copying, business cards, and ordering supplies.
- Assist in financial and operational analysis.
- Track transactions and invoices to ensure payment has been received.
- Assist with show financial close out, input into computer based accounting program.
- In the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related degree.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment delivering results and quality services.
- Demonstrated experience to execute multiple tasks simultaneously working in a team or independently.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use the complete Microsoft Office suite with extensive expertise in Excel including the ability to create formulas and pivot tables.
- Senior graduating in 2017.
- Local candidates strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of general accounting practices.
About IDS International
IDS personnel have built a strong reputation for their unparalleled depth of multi-disciplinary expertise in the 3Ds - defense, development, and diplomacy. We maintain an extensive network of interagency and smart power experts who have recently served in complex operations environments. Since 2001, IDS has helped develop multi-disciplinary solutions to government and private sector challenges. Our subject matter experts in civil-military operations, human terrain research and analysis, training and capacity building work closely with customers to create solutions that cross boundaries and reflect best practices.